|Type||Public (SGX: S53)|
|Founded||6 March 2000|
|Key people||Mr Choo Chiau Beng(Chairman)Miss Saw Phaik Hwa(President and Chief Executive Officer)Mr Yeo Meng Hin (Deputy President and Chief Operating Officer)
Mdm Lim Cheng Cheng(Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer)
|Products||Bus, Taxi and Rail Services|
|Revenue||S$879.0 million SGD(FY2009)|
|Operating income||S$188.7 million SGD(FY2009)|
|Net income||S$162.7 million SGD(FY2009)|
|Parent||Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd|
SMRT Corporation (SGX: S53) is a public transport operator incorporated on March 6, 2000, as a result of an industry overhaul to form multi-modal public-transport operators in Singapore. It is the second-largest public-transport company in Singapore after ComfortDelGro. As a holding company listed on the Singapore Exchange since July 26, 2000, it operates bus, rail, taxi and other public-transport services via several wholly owned subsidiaries.
- SMRT Trains Ltd  (formerly Singapore MRT Ltd)
- SMRT Light Rail Pte Ltd (formerly Singapore LRT Pte Ltd)
- SMRT Buses Limited  (formerly Trans-Island Bus Services Limited)
- SMRT Taxis Pte Ltd  (formerly TIBS Taxis Pte Ltd)
- SMRT Automotive Services Pte Ltd (SMRT Automotive) (formerly TIBS Motors Pte Ltd)
- Singapore Shuttle Bus (Pte) Ltd (SSB)
- Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd (Bus-Plus)
- SMRT Engineering Pte Ltd (SMRT Engineering)
- SMRT Investments Pte Ltd (SMRT Investments)
- RFP Investments Pte Ltd (RFPI)
- SMRT International Pte Ltd (SMRTI)
SMRT's primary business is providing public-transport services in Singapore. Its main operations are the following:
- SMRT Trains operates the 72 stations along the North-South, East-West and Circle Lines of the Mass Rapid Transit network. It uses third rail systems for train power collection.
- SMRT Light Rail operates and manages the 14 stations along the Bukit Panjang LRT Line.
- SMRT Buses operates a fleet of more than 900 buses, serving selected housing estates in northern and north-western Singapore.
- SMRT Taxis manages about 2,000 taxis.
An SMRT Train Depot in Bishan.